You can contact Sally Tennant at Happy Garden Hens about data protection matters. She can be contacted via the email address email@example.com.
What Information Do We Have and Why?
We don’t collect any personal information about free visitors to the site. However, we do collect personal information about those who book our courses. In this case, the personal data we process is provided to us by you. We collect and store:
- Your name
- Your email address
This information is only collected and used in connection with the services we provide, and for which it was provided. It will never be sold to or shared with any third parties.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is Contracts. We need to process your personal data to fulfil our contract with you.
How Do We store Information?
We store information about those who book courses in an Excel File for accounting purposes. (We are required by law to keep financial records for a period of seven years. We will then destroy your digital information by deleting it.)
How Do We Keep Information Safe?
We make reasonable efforts to keep personal data safe. We take the following Computer and Email Security Measures:
- All devices are password protected.
- All data is removed from old hardware before this hardware is disposed of.
- All devices are logged-off when they are not in use.
- All devices automatically log-off, when they are not in use, after a short period of time: 5 minutes or less.
- Firewalls have been installed on all devices. Firewalls are checked and maintained on an annual basis.
- Anti-Virus software has been installed on all devices.
- All devices are set-up to receive automatic updates.
- Back-ups are performed manually at regular intervals: at the end of each working day. Backed-up data is stored in the Cloud.
- Emails are encrypted using TLS: Microsoft is our email provider.
- We use a two-step verification process to access my email account.
- We do not stay logged into my email account, when my computer is unattended.
- We take great care to ensure that we only send emails to the intended recipient.
Your Right to Access Information
You can contact us, via firstname.lastname@example.org, to request to see information we have about you.
Your Right to Rectify Information
You can contact us, via email@example.com, to request to rectify information we have about you.
Your Right to Erasure
You have ‘The Right to be Forgotten’. This means that you can ask us to remove your personal information. However, it is important to remember that your right to be forgotten does not override any requirements to hold information under any other legislation. (For example, you cannot request for financial records to be destroyed for any purchases made in the last 7 years.)
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask me to transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
How to Complain
You can send any complaints you may have about how we use your data directly to Sally Tennant via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113